Key technological parameters:
• Number of channels: 2
• Ex mark: [ Ex ia ]ⅡC
• Applicable areas: Installed in safe zones and can be connected with intrinsic safety instruments in zero zones,ⅡC, and T4-T6 danger zones.
• Power supply voltage: 20-35V,d.c.
• Current consumption: ≤ 50mA (24V supply, when relay contacts are closed)
• Relay output characteristics of the safe side:
Response time: ≤20ms; Load type: resistive load
Drive capability: 250V,a.c.,2A or 30V,d.c.,2A
• Danger side:
Input signal: Switch, proximity switch
Open circuit voltage: ≈8V；Short circuit current: ≈8mA
• Input and output characteristics (set as non-inverted control)
When field switch is closed or input circuit current > 2.1mA, the output relay circuit is closed, and the channel’s yellow indicator light will turn on.
If the field switch circuit or input circuit current < 1.2mA, the output relay circuit will open, and the channel’s yellow indicator light will go off.
Roles of switch settings:
K1 and K2
Inverted input and output
No function for inspecting disconnections
Non-inverted input and output
Includes function for inspecting disconnections
Note: When the switch input requires the function for inspecting disconnections, it is recommended to connect 10kΩ resistors in parallel on both ends of the switch.
• Power source protection: Reverse polarity protection in power source
• Electromagnetic compatibility: Compliant with GB/T 18268(IEC 61326-1)
• Dielectric strength: Non-intrinsic safety terminal - intrinsic safety terminal ≥2500V, a.c; Source - Non-intrinsically safe terminal ≥500V, a.c.
• Insulation resistance: Source, between the shell and the non-intrinsic safety terminal and intrinsic safety terminal ≥100MΩ；500V.d.c.
• Weight: Around 150g
• Field equipment applicable:Equipment such as switches and DIN19234-compliant NAMUR proximity switch (including: intrinsic safety voltage switch, temperature switch, and liquid level switch)
(1) The surrounding environment should not have electromagnetic induction effects such as strong vibrations, shocks, major currents and sparks, and there should not be any substance in the air that would corrode the chromium, nickel, or silver plating, and there should not be flammable or explosive substances.
(2) Continuous working temperature: -20℃ - ＋60℃;
(3) Storage temperature: -40℃ - ＋80℃;
(4) Relative humidity: 10% - 90%RH.
Certification by the NEPSI (National Supervision and Inspection Centre for Explosion
Protection and Safety of Instrumentation)
Certification standards: GB 3836.1-2000 and GB 3836.4-2000
Highest voltage (U m)=250V r.m.s.
Certification parameters (between terminals 7 and 8, 10 and 11):
ⅡC：Co=2.4 μF , Lo=165mH
ⅡB：Co=7.2 μF , Lo=840mH
Intrinsic safety explosion-prevention circuit system:
When connecting the isolation safety barrier with the field intrinsic safety instrument to form an intrinsic safety explosion-prevention circuit (intrinsic safety circuit) system, the following should be verified before using the system.
1) The field intrinsic safety instrument’s explosion-prevention level has to suit the usage environment, and the system has to be recognised by State-authorised explosion-prevention product certification organisations and be installed with a certified explosion-prevention instrument.
2) The certification parameters between the isolation safety barrier and field intrinsic safety instruments are explicit and compliant with requirement 18.104.22.168 of GB 3836.15-2000.
3) If there are non-explicit parameters, it will be necessary to verify the intrinsic safety circuit system with the State-authorised explosion-prevention product certification organisation