HOLLiAS MACS-S system：The MACS-S system is suitable for large-scale or ultra-large scale projects with a moderate installation density. The I/O modules and terminal modules are separately installed on the opposite side of the cabinets, suitable for stringent installation space planning requirements and moderate installation density. Daily maintenance is mainly done at the terminals behind the cabinets.
HOLLiAS MACS-K system:
MACS-K DCS is a new generation integrated industry automation system developed by HollySys based on advanced automation technologies. With an open system software platform, it integrates HollySys' years of experience in technology development and usage to provide professional technological solutions to meet the automation needs of different industries.
The hardware of the MACS-K system has adequately incorporated the latest developments in international industry electronics technology and industrial control technology, in strict adherence to international advanced industry standards. The system adopts reliable design technologies leveraging on features such as full redundancy, multiple isolation and diagnosis. The system also incorporates a safety design concept which significantly raises the system’s reliability and usability. The I/O modules and terminal base unit design and ramp loading structure of the MACS-K system is suitable for high installation density and tight spaced situations, with better heat dissipation than the S-series, where the modules as a larger installation volume in cabinet. Anti-corrosion, G3 environment tested and CE certified are applied to all I/O modules, which guarantees the system’s safety and reliability.
The latest features for the international DCS industry manifested through HoLLiAS MACS in the following aspects:
Open system: DCS is not a closed-system. The MACS series can conveniently leverage on the direct configuration and seamless integration of 3rd party systems and equipment, and does not require changes to any of the system’s programs.
• Supports commonly-used international fieldbus standards such as PROFIBUS/HART/MODBUS, and supports the add-on of 3rd party equipment such as smart instruments, PLCs, and frequency transformers.
• Provides standard software interfaces such as OPC/DDE/ODBC, and engage in direct data transfer with 3rd party applications.
Informatization: The DCS has surpassed the positioning of a traditional control system. The MACS series organically integrates factory and process management to raise the production efficiency of companies significantly.
• Able to seamlessly integrate the Manufacturing Execution System to realise the organic integration of control data and production management data.
• Able to seamlessly integrate the equipment management functions of the Asset Management System (AMS) to realise the management and safeguarding of all the IT data in the factory’s equipment.
• Able to connect to the commonly-used Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to ensure transparent coverage of field control from the perspective of enterprise management.
• Able to support Internet-based remote access and browsing to facilitate access and usage of process data from a remote location.
Intelligent: The sub-components of the DCS have been designed with intelligence. All digital data transmitted between the different components in the MACS system can be coordinated and controlled.
• Every I/O has a CPU chip to achieve I/O channel fault-diagnosis.
• Every component can be self-diagnosed and alerts can be sent out if there are any errors.
Miniaturised: The miniaturisation of DCS is inevitable as technology progresses. The MACS system is designed to consume less power which paves the way for system miniaturisation.
• The main control system usually consumes around 6W and does not need any cooling fans. The volume is reduced to around one-tenth of the size of third-generation DCS main control systems.
• The I/O module generally consumes around 2W, which is more reliable despite its heavily reduced volume.
Reliability: The design concept for the DCS is becoming more similar to that of security systems, where the MACS system primarily depends on technology and components that are only used in security systems.
• Uses accurate real-time industrial Ethernet protocols, where there will not be any data clashes regardless of the changes in network load, thus ensuring the system’s network reliability.
• Uses data redundancy technology for data correction.
• Uses data encryption technology to block illegal data access.
• Uses fail-safe technology to ensure the system operates in safe-mode during failures.
- Uses international safe-code standards to carry out software development.
- The software test code has a coverage of 100%.
- The system’s self-diagnosis coverage is significantly raised.